Saturday 27 May 2017

Glittery Flowers Today!

Hello friends

I'm going all glittery today!
I'm putting together projects that will dress the set for shows
on Create and Craft next month.
These flowers are in the style of Marisa Job - designer for Spellbinders.
I'm sharing her technique.
I used watercolour cardstock and die cut flowers,
these are from Window of Memories die set.
This would also work with many designs of flowers.

I started by inking the middle - using one of the Tsukineko Sponge Daubers
means that you can get easily achieve those circles.
For the petals I used pale pink and darker pink tipping the edges.


I inked the leaves and then spritzed them all with water.
These mini misters are brilliant and available here.


Whilst damp I shaped with Stylus Tips for the Tool n' One.


Here they are all shaped and curled!


I then applied a little adhesive and dipped the petal tips in fine glitter.


All glittered.


I inserted stamens through the hole of the smallest flower.
Layered more petals and finally the leaves. 
Secured everything in place with a hot glue gun
or Dodz 3D work brilliantly too.


The finished flowers.
They take a little time but I think the end result is worth it.


As mentioned these flowers are from Window of Memories,
there is a pre-loved set available here and those very handy
Tsukineko Sponge Daubers can be found here.

If you happen to be in the South of England today...pop on some sun screen!

Take care friends.


7 comments

  1. Morning Christine and Boys.
    Thank you a lovely card.
    Take care and have lots of fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Christine and Boys.
    Thank you a lovely card.
    Take care and have lots of fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flowers look gorgeous, so pretty.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christine,
    Love your card, the flowers are really pretty.
    I hope you have a good day.
    Take care. x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Christine
    Pretty flowers look forward to seeing them on Create n Craft!
    Thunder/Lightning last night with Rain but back to warm again this morning!
    Love Marg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning flowers Christine and great die set. Have a fabuluos weekend xx hazel

    ReplyDelete