Friday 5 May 2017

Friday Die Day

Hello friends

This week's Friday Die Day I'm popping back to feature
A design by Marisa Job who has also brought us the Box of Treats,
Surprise Me Box and more.

There are three dies in the set and the measurements are approximately:

Overlays: 1.00 x 0.85 in (2 pcs)
Box Half: 7.00 x 4.30 in
This is how they look cut/embossed.


To create the box you need to die cut the box half twice.
I didn't actually emboss, I found that just with the cut it was enough
to see the fold lines.


Fold along each fold line including the little tabs.


You will see the tabs affix to create the base of the box.
I used liquid glue for that bit of 'wiggle' room.


Affix the side tabs too.
Make sure you bend the petals outwards a little.


To close the box you can tie with twine or ribbon.
I also used my bone folder to shape the petals a little.


After cutting lots of overlays I selected to decorate just one!
My signature mini poinsettia cut in pink and little leaves.


Positioned and affixed to the one panel.
The finished box.


Now here's a little addition - you can also die cut vellum.
I had some pretty butterfly vellum in my scrap box.


I then attached this to ivory card.


Assembled and tied as before.


The finished card and vellum box.


And a pair of pretty Flower Top Boxes.


Flower Top Box is available on the website and if you're quick
there's one as pre-loved too!

And as mentioned before...
Important...chocolate sizing - what can you place inside a Flower Top Box?
My estimation is that it could contain two Ferroro Rocher, three smaller truffles
or quite a lot of Maltesers!

Take care friends, wishing you all a great weekend.


8 comments

  1. Hi Christine
    Two really cute little flower boxes. I love the idea with the Vellum.
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two lovely gift boxes-do pretty.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flower top box and die set Christine. Love the idea of cutting it out of vellum, they would make great wedding favour boxes xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Christine,
    A pair of pretty boxes.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christine,
    Two very pretty boxes,
    Thank you for a great tutorial
    I hope you are having a good day, Take care. x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely little box Christine. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete