Monday 27 February 2017

Tri Hex and a question...

Hello friends

Today's card is totally different for me!
It uses the fall out pieces from one of the Kaleidoscope dies - Tri Hex.
I raided my scrap box for some geometrical design paper and 
arranged them in a little design for my card front.


Matted with 6 x 6 Matting Dies and typed out an appropriate sentiment
to die cut and affix to the front.
A definite masculine feel to this card.

Tri Hex is a pre-order die and arriving next month along with the
whole collection of Kaleidoscope dies designed by Lene Lok.

So here's a question...for those of you who use matting dies how do you
store yours?  I've got all mine on A4 magnetic sheets which I have affixed
to strong board but I'm not finding that not to be a perfect solution.
I did think about putting them on a metal ring but that would also 
take a bit of time to remove them each time so looking for ideas please.

I shall be back in the cabin today, still working on those demos 
for next week :)

Take care friends.




11 comments

  1. Hi Christine and Elliott.
    This is a very different card today. Thank you.
    Christine, I store mine on magnetic sheets and in a binder folder.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine and Elliott.
    This is a very different card today. Thank you.
    Christine, I store mine on magnetic sheets and in a binder folder.
    Take care and have fun Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christine,
    Great card and sentiment. I store my dies on big Picture frames that I have stuck magnetic sheets on to and they are all displayed on the wall in my craft room. It a great way to see everything you have without searching through folders or boxes, although I am running out of wall space lol. It is also easier to take the the dies off the magnetic sheets by placing them on the wrong way round (cutting side down) does that make sense? I have themed boards, Christmas dies, flowers and butterflies, basic frames etc.
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, could be used for many occasions. I store my dies in A5 folders-each set on a magnetic sheet. The spines are labelled e.g. Basic shapes, flowers etc but I list all the Dies & have that taped to the front of each file. I also have 2 A4 files with my large Dies in. Hope this makes sense.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Christine, My dies are on magnetic sheets in plastic button wallets from wilkinsons and then stored in boxes in categories. i.e nesting dies in one celebrations in another xmas easter etc. flower butterflies in another. All wallets are labelled with die set name and corresponding numbers i.e spellbinder numbers xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Christine
    I keep all my Dies in boxes in the Original packages with Magnetic sheets inside cut to fit.
    Love these cards that you make in Geometric designs!
    Love Marg

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Christine, I store my dies on A4 magnetic sheets and then inside Tonic A4 die storage folders, the Tonic cases are fabulous.
    A lovely card, ideal for using up scraps from your bit box.
    Enjoy your day.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Christine,
    A clever way to use the drop out pieces. I store my dies on magnetic sheets in the packaging.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card Christine, i use Tonic folders for storing dies

    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely idea for a card Christine. Most of my dies are put on a magnetic sheet but kept in their packaging and then in a big file. Best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Christine,
    What a clever card, I love it :).
    I store my matting dies on A4 magnetic sheets, strengthened with a piece of card on the back (cut from cereal boxes) and then they all go in a lever arch file. I do like the idea of having them all on the wall where they can be seen though, much easier to see at a glance...if only I had the wall space lol.
    Bejay xx

    ReplyDelete