Monday 22 August 2016

Back home from the Lakes

Hello friends

I'm back from The Lakes...the very wet Lakes!
It rained...it poured...it was torrential but the scenery was still beautiful.
View from my hotel room.


And meet my new friend! 
Extremely friendly and thankfully not noisy first thing in the morning.


Had a lovely time demoing - thank you to everyone who came along
to Papermill Direct.  I'm back there in October to teach a workshop
so please look out for details.

Today's crafty offering appeared on the Spellbinders blog last week.
I created a tea light holder using the Venetian Gatefold die.


All the step by step instructions are here, it's fun and easy to make.


Wishing you all a great start to the week, heatwave tomorrow apparently,
best stay indoors and craft!

Take care friends.


13 comments

  1. Morning Christine,
    Thanks for sharing the photos, beautiful view.
    Love the project.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Christine
    I have that Die and I think the candle holder looks so nice, must try that one.
    Glad you enjoyed the weekend!
    Love Marg

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks lovely and not too difficult either. Will try to find the time to have a go at it.
    Glad you enjoyed your weekend - Lake District is on my bucket list.
    About the heatwave - think I'll wait and see !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you have a lovely weekend despite the weather. Beautiful tea light holder xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Christine. Think I need to get this die. Thank you for sharing this. Very good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pleased your crafty weekend was not spoiled by the rain Christine.
    Beautiful Tea Light Holder ,another die goes onto my never ending wish list .
    Take Care
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos, glad you enjoyed your trip to the Lake District. As its so close to me I forget that some people haven't ever been.
    Lovely project you have made.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful project ,love papermill direct paper and card ,Laura O

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Christine, So glad your workshops went well, and I love your tealight holder.
    It is very warm here, and I'm teaching a linedance class this afternoon !!! break out the fans hahaha.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely area! Gorgeous tea light holder! TY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely area! Gorgeous tea light holder! TY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely photos, shame about the rain though! Really nice tea light holder.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous project. Great photo, I love the lakes my hubby is from that area. So many beautiful places to see xx

    ReplyDelete