Friday 26 February 2016

Friday Die Day

Hello friends
 
Today's Friday Die Day is again featuring one of the new
Amazing Paper Grace dies designed by Becca Feeken.
This is Ladies Shoe.
 

The die set consists of 5 pieces and this is how they look
cut/embossed.
I've chosen silver mirror card for the shoe base pieces,
spotty patterned paper for the shoe front and
brown card for the bow.



First of all the front of the shoe embosses fold lines,
you fold as pictured.
The patterned paper I've used is My Mind's Eye - Breeze.

 
You insert the toe of your shoe base.

 
Fold over and affix to the underside.

 
The long piece is the bow, bend and fold as shown.
 
 
Position and adhere to the shoe, it reminds me of the 'posh' ladies
slippers you used to be able to buy, the ones with the pom poms on the front!

 
I chose to place my shoe on a card front.
Ivory card base, matted with brown card and patterned paper -
again My Mind's Eye - Breeze.

 
The finished card.


Would work so well in many different colours and of course
you could make a pair!
Or perhaps a Cinderella slipper?
 


Ladies Shoe is a pre-order die and available in the UK,
arriving late March/early April.
This collection by Becca is absolutely beautiful,
look out for Gents Shoe too...!
 
Take care friends.
Have a brilliant weekend.
 

14 comments

  1. Christine
    I worked in making shoes a long time ago that was just how the front of the shoe was made (the front upper is called a vamp)Makes a lovely card.
    jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Christine, Wow !!! I love Becca's ladies shoe die and I love the MME paper, your card is fabulous.
    Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christine
    Your card is Fab,and such lovely papers used ,this card will be great for my shoe-aholic Granddaughter .
    Have a good day.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Christine intetesting die and super papers best wishes Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christine,
    Unusual die it has made a lovely card I love how you have used it.
    Thank you for the tutorial.
    I hope you have a good day. x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Christine, I love the papers you have used.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christine, great card. This little shoe certainly adds a new and very different element to your card. So cute, thanks for your tutorial. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Christine, that's a lovely card and what a cool die, lovely
    Kind regards Anne Owenx xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that shoe die! Your card is awesome! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Christine
    I am playing catch up with your blog posts at the moment and at first glance I thought this die made a flower so I got a lovely surprise when I saw it made a shoe. I have never seen a die like this before and it has to go onto my wishlist.
    Off to read your other posts I have missed.
    Take care
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  11. Does anyone know where I can purchase this shoe die? I am willing to buy it used.

    ReplyDelete